Is there anything more decadent than a warm, chocolate sauce drizzled over cool, sweet, creamy ice cream? Today’s dessert is going to have you licking your bowl clean – and don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone.
The sauce for this recipe is super fudgy and will have you forgetting all about the sugar and chemical filled chocolate sauces of your past. And you may even discover that you enjoy the way banana ice cream makes you feel so much more than the way regular ice cream makes you feel, that you make it a permanent fixture in your life!
When I was first transitioning towards a whole food diet, I actually ate banana ice cream with a different sauce every night for about six months, and never got tired of it! I am sure that you are going to love it was much as I do.
- 3 bananas – 2 frozen, 1 fresh
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa or carob powder
- 1 tbsp coconut or cacao butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts of choice
1. Place two frozen bananas in a blender or food processor and blend until it reaches a creamy ice cream texture. Transfer to a bowl and allow to set in the freezer while you make fudge sauce.
2. Place cacao or cocoa or carob powder, coconut or cacao butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth. The friction from the blending should heat your sauce.
3. Slice your fresh banana in half the long way. Place in a dish. Scoop ice cream in between the sliced banana, top with your sauce and chopped nuts