Have you ever had orange flavoured chocolate? I know that the combination may sounds a little strange at first, but trust me when I say that the bright, clean and crisp flavours of citrus really adds a special sparkle to the natural earthiness of chocolate.
These fudge squares are much easier to make than traditional fudge, and does not require a candy thermometer or precise temperatures. All you need to do is melt a little chocolate, blend a few other ingredients, mix and you’re good to go!
I know that the instructions tell you to wait until this glorious mixture is cooled and set before consuming, but if you are a little too impatient to wait for that, we will understand.
Orange Chocolate Fudge
- 2 cups dry shredded coconut
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 orange, zested then peeled
- 2 cups Fresh dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch sea salt
1. Line 6×6 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Place cocoa powder, salt, vanilla and cinnamon powder in a bowl and combine. Zest orange zest into cocoa powder mixture. Peel orange and discard the peel.
3. Place coconut in high speed blender and blend until a smooth butter forms. Add your peeled orange and dates. Continue to blend until well combined. Add to your cocoa powder mixture
4. Place a small pot with 1-2 inches of water over high heat. Place a glass or metal bowl over the pot, making sure that the water does not touch the bowl. Add chocolate chips and almond milk and melt chocolate until fully melted. Stir melted chocolate into coconut orange date mixture.
5. Mix well then transfer to lined baking dish. Place in freezer for a few hours. Slice and enjoy!
6. Makes 1 6×6 baking dish worth. Can be frozen for several months.