Bliss balls are taking the health food world by storm lately, and most health food nuts have their own special recipe. While you may pay a premium price for one of these in stores or at your local health food restaurant, making them at home will not only save you money but will also give you an opportunity to create your own unique flavour combinations.
This is a super basic recipe that lends itself well to experimentation. Try adding in fun things like chopped dried fruits, other nuts, different extracts, citrus zests or even switching up the nut butters! Play around and have fun 🙂
Raw Bliss Balls (Makes 4-6 balls – can be frozen for 3-4 months)
- ½ cup raw nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp dried shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped hazel nuts
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- pinch sea salt
- any add ins you like – chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins, carob chips etc.
1. Blend dates and nut butter in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Transfer date and nut butter mixture to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and combine with your hands. Your mixture should now form balls. If it is too crumbly add more nut butter. If it is too loose add more shredded coconut.
3. Form into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate until set. Enjoy!