Crunchy Coconut Crumble:
(makes at least 20 servings, depending on how much crumble you want in your ice cream)
- 1 cup oat groats – ground into a flour
- 2 cups toasted coconut flakes – you can purchase pre-toasted coconut or toast your own at home.
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 cups fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
(This is for one serving of ice cream)
- 2-3 frozen, peeled bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup crumble balls
Directions: To make your crumble, place your oat groats, coconut sugar, chopped pitted dates, cinnamon powder, vanilla and salt in a blender or food processor and pulse until a sticky cookie dough like consistency is reached. Remove from your blender or food processor and stir coconut flakes and chopped almonds in by hand to maintain their shape and crunch. Form into 1/4 inch balls and place in the freezer. When you are ready to make your ice cream, place your frozen bananas, vanilla and coconut or almond milk in a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth. Remove from your machine and stir in your crumble mixture. Enjoy!