- 2 medium beetroot, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp. olive or coconut oil
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup white wine, optional
- ¼ vegetable stock (or stock of your choice)
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- flaked Parmesan and cracked black pepper, to serve
Preheat oven to 200 C (about 400 Fahrenheit).
Toss beetroot in oil. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, grate the cauliflower on the larger side of a cheese grater, or pulse in a food processor until it’s rice sized. Wrap the riced cauliflower in a couple of paper towels and squeeze to remove any excess moisture.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook stirring for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add wine and bring to boil. Add cauliflower rice and stock. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed. Add beetroot chunks. Cook until heated through.
Remove from heat.
Stir through walnuts, Parmesan and rocket.
Divide between a plate and a lunchbox. Serve with flaked Parmesan and cracked black pepper.