POWER MEDITATION ~ Part Two

blooming rose love

Set your intention for your meditation.  It doesn’t matter what that intention is. Just keep in mind that any good you intend for others will have a small good effect on you; and whatever harm you intend for others will have a huge negative effect upon you.  Please remember we’re all in this lifetime together to help each other to the best of our ability.

There is an ancient philosophy in both the East and the West teaching us that twenty percent (20%) of all the good will we intend for others will be visited upon us.  The other eighty percent (80%) is visited upon the ones for whom we pray and meditate.  If we meditate and pray for beneficial things, everybody receives beneficial things in those proportions.

The other side of that coin is that twenty percent (20%) of all harmful things we intend to do unto others in our prayers and meditations actually causes them some harm.  But, the other eighty percent (80%) of that harm is visited upon us.  We really do unto ourselves whatever we attempt to do unto others.  We really do help ourselves by helping others.

The first thing we do as we start our Power Meditation is to decide what we want to accomplish with our meditation.  In the beginning, we set simple goals to relax more, go deeper and we pray for the benefit of others.  As we progress from step to step, we set our intentions for higher purposes.  We seek out our spirit guides, guardian angels, master teachers, self realization and realization of the Divine.

Set your intention, breathe deeply and relax.

You may close your eyes if you wish.  You may sit, stand or recline if you wish.  You may practice at any time, in any place and for long as you wish.  Experience teaches us that three (3x) to five (5x) practice sessions a day is just about ideal.  More or less is less and less effective. Experience teaches us that twenty (20 min) minutes per session is just about optimal.  More or less time in each session becomes less and less effective.  If you want to practice an hour a day, three twenty minute sessions are far more effective than one single one-hour session.

Set your intention, breath deeply and relax.

Relax your whole body more and more.  Start with your feet, toes, and ankles.  Will them to relax more and more.  Consciously feel your toes, feet and ankles relaxing.  Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth in your feet toes and ankles as they relax more and more.

Relax your lower legs, knees and upper legs.  Will them to relax more and more.  Let go of any tension and consciously relax your knees, upper and lower legs.  Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth as your upper and lower legs and your knees relax and the blood flow through them increases.

Set your intention, breathe deeply and relax.  Relax your upper and lower legs, knees, ankles and feet.

Relax your hips, your abdomen and chest.  Let all tension go.  Relax your hips and torso and Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth flow through your body, down your legs, through your knees and ankles down into your feet and toes.  Feel your body and legs relax more and more.

Relax your fingers, hands, wrists, lower and upper arms, elbows and shoulders.  Make a conscious effort to let all tension go.  Intentionally allow your muscles to relax and Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth in your fingers, hands, wrists, lower arms, elbows, upper arms and shoulders as your circulation improves.

Set your intention, breathe deeply and relax.  Relax your whole body from your shoulders to your toes.  Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth and relaxation from your shoulders all the way down to your toes.

Relax your shoulders and your neck.  Relax your jaw and your face.  From the tip of your toes to the top of your head, relax, Continue breathing deeply and relax until you Continue breathing deeply and relax until you feel the warmth and relax.  Practice this two to four times a day (2-4x) for ten to twenty minutes (10-20 min) each session for the next seven (7) days.

If you must practice for less time and/or for fewer sessions, it may take longer than one week for you to master this technique.  You do the best you can and practice to the best of your ability when you can.  It’s perfectly O.K. to take things more slowly.

If you are driven to practice for more time and/or more sessions, please consider spending that extra time practicing compassion and praying or communing with the Divine.  To spent this extra time in meditation practice may work out well.  It may also slow your progress.  Do the best you can and prepare for the next lesson as best you can.

Set your intention, breathe deeply and relax.  Relax your whole body from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.  Breathe deeply and relax more and more.  As you inhale, relax your face and your shoulders.  As you exhale, relax your shoulders, and the rest of your body. Breathe deeply and relax.  Feel these waves of relaxation move down from the top of your head to your shoulders, and from your shoulders all the way through your body to your feet.  Continue breathing deeply and relax.

CONCLUSION

This concludes Part One of the teaching materials for the Power Meditation technique.  Please practice this much of the technique two to three times (2 – 3x) daily for fifteen to twenty minutes (15 – 20 Min) for best results for one week or until you can master this technique.  Set your intention for your meditation, breathe deeply and relax to the best of your ability.  Continue to relax more and more as you breathe more deeply and relax more and more.

In the next nine lessons you’ll learn nine more skills to improve your life and deepen your mediation.  The complete ten skills are:

    Compassion
    Integrity
    Respectfulness
    Self-control
    Charity
    Purity
    Contentment
    Moderation
    Contemplation
    Devotion

The ten steps to the Power Meditation, also taught as the Ten Powers Of Choice, start with the relaxation skills given in Part One.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s